ETD = European Travel Directive
In the essence ETD is a directive (law) that defines what a travel package is and what right customers have towards their booked trip.
The directive has an impact on accountability of the package, and also on change & cancellation procedures.
What is a travel package for Travix?
A package is a combination of at least 2 travel services (transport, accommodation or other travel related services such as car rental)
- Full Package: flight combined with an inflow car "product". Made via Paxport (former Multicom solution, also Dynamic Packages)
- Lite Package: Flight booked, and within 24 hours after flight booking, a product has been added (via cross sell or my account)
What does "accountability" mean?
Customer support for all trip elements
- Full customer support for all "elements" in the booking (not only on flights)
- We need to provide a solution to the customer (we can use the supplier for this)
- We cannot refer them to the supplier
Responsible in case of bankruptcy of one of the suppliers
- We are responsible for the full package
- We need to refund the FULL amount or provide alternative at our costs.
Repatriation in code red or other extreme cases
- When volcanoes, earth quakes or terrorist attacks occur, we have to take care of repatriation of our customers to a save area or back home.
Full refund if one trip element is cancelled or not supported from supplier
- When part of the trip is cancelled or not supported we have to provide full refund to the customer.